Thursday, March 8, 2012

Opinions Needed

So much for working on the items on my list. I got a little side-tracked (again). I've had this idea for a while now, and I just had to see if it would work. So I cut up a pile of 1 1/2" strips from my collection of vintage oxford shirts and started sewing them together. I fussy-cut shirt pockets for the centers of these log cabin blocks, thinking they would make interesting "wall pockets". You know - something to hang in the hallway or mudroom where you could put letters to mail, or movie tickets, coupons, car keys, or how 'bout a special memento or lucky charm... Even a favorite seashell you picked up on a walk on the beach...
OK - I'll get back on track...
I made four blocks and each one has a "fussy-cut" word on the top - Peace, Family, Home, Love.

My problem is, how do I want to finish these off. My original plan was to quilt & bind each block individually, as four separate mini wall quilts. Each would have a hanging sleeve on the back so any number of them could be hung side by side if someone wanted more than one.


But now I'm looking at them laid out together and wondering - should I add some sashing and sew all four blocks together into a wall quilt like this?

Or all in a row like this?


Or should I follow my original plan of making four individual wall hangings and sell each one separately, or as a group? What would you do???

5 comments:

  1. I have to be honest and say I have never purchased anything from Etsy so I don't know how one can package things on there. But, what if you made them to sell as individual items but gave a price break if someone wanted to purchase all four? Just an idea.

    They are a cute idea.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your ideas are wonderful...it is hard to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good question...Sorry, but I don't have an answer for you...All the choices look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I am definitely partial to the four-patch, but you might get more sales with the singles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all in a row!! It's outside of the box and personally peeks my interest!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from my readers make me smile!